What's New in v0.3.1
- Added a new type of index
IVFSQ which could significantly improve the overall throughput of vector processing.
- Added a new metric of vector distance calculation
IP (Inner Product), in addition to
L2 (Euclidean Distance).
- Added multiple parameters which optimizes index building, search precision and search speed.
- When the data size is huge and cannot fit in the data file on one disk, you can add multiple secondary data storage directories on other disks.
- You can choose if to enable parallel computing of vectors by multiple threads, by configuring parameter
- You can designate a portion of the memory for buffer usage of data insertion, by configuring parameter
- In regard to cache management, by configuring
cache_free_percent, you can now decide, when the cache reaches its capacity, how much data should be kept instead of being erased.
- You can enable simultaneous inserting and searching of vectors by setting
- Search results are evaluated based on the distances between search results and the target vectors, rather than the score.